Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Killer Apps

I have been reading two good books lately by Tomi Ahonen.
  • "Services for UMTS"
  • "m-Profits"
I am really starting to understand the 6 Ms method of determining killer apps. I highly recommend the read. Here are the 6 Ms as described in these books.

  1. Mobile: Must be mobile and enable the free movement of the user and service
  2. Moment: Relevant to the time of day or delivered at the crucial moment
  3. Money: Must generate money while delivering value
  4. Me: The user wants what they want not what we want – My content, my services, my interests, supports my work needs, makes my life easier
  5. Machines: Services must come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. The must be usable from many different devices from home, the office, vehicle, phone, and more
  6. Multi-User: Creates a sense of community. People want to belong to something, anything. Information travels and improves faster within a community

No comments: