Sunday, July 21, 2013

Metrics for dog walking

Came up with this while walking my dogs this morning. I decided that there should be a way to measure the success of a dog on a walk. Here is my scoring system.
-- Unproductive stops together: -5pts
-- Unproductive stops alone: -10 pts
-- drunken weaving on the sidewalk: - 5pts (-10 pts if causes leash tangling)
-- Productive stop: "+10pts
-- Purposeful tangling of the leashes around owners feet: -10pts
-- Straying while owner is picking up productivity: -5pts
-- Curious in anyting on the street: -10pts
-- Carrying a stick home: Too cute to judge at the moment, but a gold star was given.

When I got home I found that both dogs were grossly in the negative. So, as any good manager/owner would, I proceeded to explain to them how to improve.
-- Barking and not paying attention during post walk staff meetings: -5pts

I am not sure they have completely grasped the meaning of negative points, but I sure felt better :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would this be of use?
http://www.neuticles.com/

Maybe...if the...gender were right.

Anonymous said...

Hey, whatever happened to this guy? I follow his posts and Don Cherry's posts. Now nuthin'.

Anonymous said...

Gadzooks! I think I know this bloke. Travelled through Europe together. Had some trouble with British immigration, but we made it. The whole lot of us. Had a thing for butternut squash as I recall. Mad for the stuff. Nice guy, good with kids.

Anonymous said...

Well it turns out we did not travel through Europe with him. I was thinking of Robert Johnson, a Canadian bloke. Fat but very tall, and balding with a flowing red beard. In fact this fellow is nothing like him in visage, name or occupation. I don't know how I could have made the mistake. I am sure he is a nice fellow just the same.